The University of Arizona

4.1. How can I earn Honors from the Honors College?

Math/SDS Majors and MinorsHonorsHow can I earn Honors from the Honors College?

Honors for Math and SDS Majors

In order to graduate with honors from the Franke Honors College, students who have been accepted into the Franke Honors College must meet the following requirements:

  • Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.4 at graduation
  • Completion of minimum number of honors units*
  • Completion of honors thesis (or Engineering Senior Design Project) and submission to the Franke Honors College.

*30 units of honors course work are usually required. Some students who enter with more than 30 units of transfer work may take fewer honors units; consult the Honors Advising Team for more information. 

Not a member of the Franke Honors College? You could apply for admission! Eligibility requirements and application details are available on their website

The following pages in this knowledgebase provide additional details about completion of honors course work and honors thesis requirements for students in our department.

Knowledge Tags
honors  /